Thursday, January 12, 2012

& now I blog...

Alright, I've jumped on the bandwagon...now I blog! I've seen a few of my friends pick up blogging and I enjoy reading what they have to say. I thought it could be sort of "therapeutic" to have a place to vent, to share, and to throw ideas out there.

It's the beginning of a new year, so why not start something new? It's not a resolution, it's a new idea. I don't like the idea of "resolutions". First off, as soon as you tell someone your new year's resolution is to...., they tend to lose a little bit of belief that you'll actually stick with it. Resolutions got a bad reputation and now people don't take them seriously. I think it's a good time to get your priorities straight, because a new year feels like a new slate. Wipe the old one clean and start over. It's a good way to re-evaluate your life and what really matters to you.

I've decided to re-evaluate the time I spend with the people who matter most to me. I know that life gets hectic and crazy. I know that plans get made and things come up. I know that as we get older, our lives change and not everyone is on the same page. We need to make time for what and who is important to us. I want more coffee catch-up dates with old friends. I want more dinner (or sweet frog!) dates with my best friend. I want more "just us" dates with my husband. I want to spend more time with my family, and with his.

I'm going to get back into church. When I was younger, it was Sunday School, Church, Youth Group, Acteens, etc. Now that I'm an adult, I can't even set aside 1.5 hours a week for church? Give me a break. I've been making excuses to myself for almost 5 years, but I'm done.

I kinda like the feeling of this already...writing it all down for whoever to see. It makes me feel like I'm one step closer to making it happen. I don't know how often I'll write, but I think it'll turn into something I enjoy doing. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment