Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Stitch Fix: My First Experience!


As I posted on Facebook and Twitter, I signed up for this neat website called Stitch Fix a couple weeks ago. The concept of this website is that you pay a $20.00 styling fee and fill out a "style profile". You give your height, weight, sizes, and style preferences. You tell them if you like your clothes form fitting or loose fitting, if you like gold or silver, and if you don't want to wear certain fabrics or prints. My favorite part is that you can include a link to your Pinterest STYLE board and they will use your pins to pick out clothes for you...awesome! You can also choose what price range you're looking to shop in, because that's important!

You select the date you want your "fix" and then wait for your box to show up in the mail. When mine came it looked like this in my driveway...and it felt like Christmas!


I went inside and opened the box to find a pretty tissue paper filled box with my clothes, a card, and my big postage paid return envelope. In addition to those items, each piece of clothing has a little card on it with outfit ideas for casual or more dressy situations. That's a neat idea!






Each "fix" comes with 5 items for you to try on. My "fix" included a cardigan sweater, a sweater, black leggings (not pictured), a blue/black zig-zag shirt, and a gold statement necklace. I found that the sizing was a bit small on the sweater and cardigan, but the blue/black zig-zag shirt fit well and the leggings were good, just a little long (which is normal for me haha). The necklace was a neat design, not something I'd pick up at the store to try on.





I tried it all on and it was really neat to be able to pair it with clothes that I already have in my closet. I immediately ruled out the sweater and cardigan because they were too small. I considered the leggings, but I already have a pair, so I decided not to keep those. I loved the blue zig-zag shirt, so I decided to keep that one for sure. I went back and forth on the necklace before finally deciding to send it back. The prices were pretty standard, the least expensive item was $28 and the most expensive was $68. I threw my unwanted items in the postage paid envelope and dropped it off this morning at the big blue mailbox in front of the post office.



I then got on the Stitch Fix website, filled out the survey about my "fix", and completed my order for the shirt. On the survey, you can leave comments about what you liked or didn't like, and choose whether it was too expensive, fit too tight, etc. I liked it so much, I signed up for monthly "fixes" and I'm excited to see what they send me in the future!

Here's the link again if you're interested in signing up: http://stitchfix.com/sign_up?referrer_id=3151312

No comments:

Post a Comment