Thursday, February 2, 2012

Some Culinary Adventures, Courtesy of Pinterest!

Needless to say, the husband has been getting spoiled with these recipes the past couple weeks! I took to Pinterest again this week to find some new stuff to make. I've been having a lot of fun with it AND my crockpot is enjoying being used again! Here are some of my recent recipes:

CROCKPOT BBQ BEER CHICKEN &
LEMON DILL ROASTED POTATOES

Lemon Dill Roasted Potatoes

I really really liked this dinner! The potatoes were really yummy, probably my favorite potato recipe yet. The BBQ was really good too. The only thing I did different than the recipe is I only used 24oz of BBQ Sauce, I didn't add the additional sauce at the end. I felt like it was plenty of sauce as it was.


CROCKPOT CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS




This was good too! My only recommendation would be to let it cook longer after adding the biscuits, as some of mine were still a bit doughy. It smelled delicious & tasted better. There will be plenty of leftovers if you're making this for 2, which is great for tomorrow's lunch!










CROCKPOT JAMBALAYA & MINI PESTO ROLLS


I made the jambalaya as the recipe called for except I used 2 packages of Garlic & Butter Rice instead of 1. It made enough for 4 people + leftovers. I used a package of 8 Pillsbury crescent rolls for the mini pesto rolls. The 1 package made 21 mini biscuits. They were awesome!



BLACKENED TILAPIA WITH ROASTED GARLIC BOWTIE PASTA
 



I don't have a linked recipe for the blackened tilapia - we just took tilapia and blackened it using Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning and a cast iron skillet on the stove top. For the pasta, follow the recipe above - it called for chicken, but we used fish instead. Use whichever you prefer!



CROCKPOT TOMATO-BASIL PARMESAN SOUP
 


This was pretty good, but not as good as I was hoping. The husband really liked it, but I just couldn't finish my bowl. I feel like maybe if we made it as a side to go along with grilled cheese or something, it'd probably be better. I made it as the main dish, so it was a little too...??...for my liking. I wish I knew what it was about it so I could maybe fix it, but the only thing I can think is maybe it was the cheese. Next time (if there is one), I'll try 1/2 cup instead of 1 cup. We'll see if that makes a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment